The Jennifer and Gregory Louie Foundation for Cerebral Palsy
The Jennifer and Gregory Louie Foundation for Cerebral Palsy is a private foundation that was established to help both children and adults with Cerebral Palsy enhance their mobility, quality of life, and independence within their communities.
The JGL Foundation has the following goals:
- To provide grants to individuals with Cerebral Palsy so they may receive services such as physical and occupational therapy. These therapies may include traditional physical/occupational therapy, aquatic physical therapy, and hippotherapy (therapeutic horseback riding).
- To aid with funding for assistive technology such as orthotics, power wheelchairs, standers, gait trainers, lifts, specialized seating, adaptive bicycles, and other devices that enhance mobility and independence.
At the JGL Foundation, they feel it is important that individuals with Cerebral Palsy and their families be able to focus on their everyday lives of going to work/attending school, playing/participating in recreational activities, and spending time with family and friends. It is their vision to provide funding for the assistive devices and therapy individuals with Cerebral Palsy require when other means are exhausted or nonexistent. And through this effort, they hope to minimize the energy expended and time spent by individuals and families questioning how such therapies and/or equipment will be financed.
Canada Revenue Agency Number
84999 8885 RR0001
How to Apply for a Grant:
- To qualify for a grant you must be a resident of British Columbia and have a diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy.
- Fill out an application for a grant. Please email email@example.com to receive an application.
- Send all necessary documents as requested with your application. Please see application for details.
- Once your application and supporting documents have been received, we will send you an email confirming that we are considering your request for a grant. It takes approximately 6-8 weeks to process an application.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the process.
What type of assistive technology or equipment will the JGL Foundation accept a grant application?
The JGL Foundation will consider funding for assistive technology that can enhance one’s mobility and/or quality of life. Examples of equipment include: wheelchairs, standers, walkers, gait trainers, adaptive bicycles, adaptations to wheelchairs, lifts, positioning devices, adaptive devices to make one’s home more accessible, orthotics, extra-depth shoes for orthotics, theratogs/benik vests, switches. These are just a few examples, please email us if you have questions regarding what pieces of equipment/assistive technology will be considered for funding.
Will the JGL Foundation consider funding for wheelchair accessible vans or van conversions?
Unfortunately, due to our limitations with funding, we cannot help with purchasing vans or van conversions. We understand that this is a definite need for individuals with Cerebral Palsy living in British Columbia. And our organization is keeping this in mind as we write grants and make plans to expand in the future.
Will the JGL Foundation consider funding for home modifications to increase accessibility?
Yes, we will consider providing a grant for a home modification to increase accessibility. Due to high costs of home modifications, they are usually partial grants.
Contact is only by email: email@example.com
* All information in this post is current as of February 14, 2019. Please visit the funder’s website for most up to date criteria and application details.